At Aleris, our multidisciplinary teams work together to identify the cause of your back pain and to treat it.
Back pain affects almost all people at some point during their life. If the pain becomes persistent or severe or if there a nerve compression, a treatment may be needed. At Aleris, 20% of patients with back pain will benefit from a back surgery while the remaining 80% will need other treatment (medication, physiotherapy...).
Our multidisciplinary team is composed of:
- Specialists in spinal surgery (orthopedic surgery and neurosurgery)
- Physiotherapists with special interest in back disorders
- Radiologists to review X-ray, MRI and CT scanning
- Physicians specialist in pain to optimize pain managment with local infiltration, medicin or other
- Specialists in neurology
Get quick investigations and treatment of back pain
Aleris back specialists offer investigations and treatment of acute and chronic pain from neck to tailbone.
We can help you with a wide range of conditions including:
- Disc prolapse in the lower back or neck
- Spinal stenosis (narrowed spinal canal)
- Osteoarthritis of the lower back and cervical spine
- Spondylolisthesis (one vertebra slipped out of position)
- Chronic back pain
- Collapse in vertebrae due to osteoporosis (vertebroplasty)
Investigations with our back specialists include:
- Clinical examination by a back specialist
- Imaging (MR scan) to precise to cause of the symptoms
- Rheumatologic or back surgery assessment
- Back training with physiotherapist
- Back surgery if needed